Sunday, December 19, 2010

Diet

I think everyone in any sport is concerned about diet. A good diet is important not just to lose weight but this is the fuel that shapes and moves your body. I have always done really well on a low-carb diet. And by that I mean a plate of pasta can knock me out for days and a baked potato can render me unconscious. I can't eat white stuff, no sugar, no rice, no pasta, no potatos and no amazing pastries of any kind. Not if I want to function. So whatever diet I go on has to not include those things. I don't care how healthy that sandwich is. The bread might as well be pillows. So my diet is a lot of salads and stir frys (minus the rice of course). I remember once I lost 30 pounds in one month and my trainer was like fish and broccoli. All he ate was fish and broccoli. I hate fish. I am more of a steak and broccoli girl. maybe chicken. I bought some turkey in an effort to cut out some of the red meat meals but we will see if that happens.

So eating right is not normally a problem except for*
*ok all men not secure in their masculinity or still have the maturity of an 18 year old please stop reading

once a month. Unfortunately I don't have any physical indicators for this time anymore so my only warning is a sudden desire to eat everything in sight. This usually includes threatening phone calls to my husband with ultimatums like bring me chocolate or lose a dangley.

My main problems staying on diet are motivation and laziness. I love being able to just cook one meal for my whole family. I am also a really great cook with a whole slew of award winning recipes that I can't use. Darn my mad cooking skilz! And sure I could learn new healthier recipes but I haven't yet. I need to. I have a tendency to find meals that work, stick to them and then get bored. Going to have to break that habit and venture forth to new culinary delights or something like that. Or most likely I will just stick with steak and broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment