Saturday, December 18, 2010

Current Training

Current training consists of not much excitingness since I am brand new to jiu jitsu. I am doing a lot of stretching and trying to get my hands on a copy of yoga for fighters. Cardio is my stair stepper and bike since I have those at home. I love going to the gym but I babysit an extra kid during the day which is why I quit going to lifetime last year. I am going to check with 24hour about the extra kid because I know I wont workout in the evenings unless Scott does it with me (which would rock) but with all our kids activities, we would rarely make it. That would leave me working out at 5am. That may be what happens. I know there is plenty I could do at home and I may stick to that for a few months but eventually I know I get bored easy and will want some more variety. Plus I miss the treadmill and the huge honkin stair stepper lifetime has. I love our lifetime fitness but 24 is closer. If 24 doesn't compare though I would rather make the drive. We will see.

As far as actual jiu jitsu goes, I am following the Gracie Combatives course because it is really great for working out at home. Lesson one is trap and roll escapes. There is the standard variation, the punch block variation (my fav) and the headlock variation. The open guard pass is also in lesson 1. I am going to continue working on those moves and start working on the americana armlock basic tonight. Eventually I am going to have to find a school with people willing to roll with me (a girl dun dun duuuuuunnnnn) And hopefully I can find a good coach to help me prepare for and take me to competitions. I would really love to be trained by Scott's guy, I trust him and know his style but there may be a religious conflict there. My second best option is to find a great woman fighter and fortunately living in a metroplex, that is a viable option.

Ok time to hit the cardio and do some mid morning stretching.

peace out

1 comment:

  1. You could take a look at this map (don't let the pop up put you off), which appears to be fairly comprehensive in terms of listing BJJ schools.

    I've never trained at or heard of a club that has any objections to training with women before (I've heard of individuals, but never whole clubs). Most unusual.

    ReplyDelete