Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Confessions of the first born

I am a first born. I am a textbook first born. I like being a firstborn. I am confident, an extrovert, assertive, authoritative, task oriented and defensive about errors and mistakes. So what does this have to do with my journey through jiu jitsu? Well honestly it probably has a lot to do with why I even started. I am stubborn. Stubborn should probably be in all caps. I will write it again. I am S T U B B O R N. I don't like being told I can't or shouldn't do something especially if it is because I am a girl. Now you may think I am some bra burning feminist but I am pretty sure that movement was started by the devil himself. No I would rather stay at home and cook nummy meals for my man while homeschooling our three children. I believe in gender roles and am very conservative politically. That being said, I just like to know I COULD do things for myself if I need to. I like to rely on the kindness of strangers and be taken care of but I also want to know that if I don't have someone there to take care of me that I could open the jar myself or kill the spider or shoot the burglar or escape from the rapist. Plus, I don't like being told I can't do something ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment